Relate children and young people counselling is a confidential, targeted one to one service for children and young people aged 5 to 21 years.
The service is available to young people who are experiencing personal, emotional, and/or mental health difficulties that cause distress. These difficulties may include the following presentations or clinical conditions:
- Disorders of thinking, mood and ability to regulate and function at home or school or in community
- Deliberate self-harm and / or suicide attempts and / or suicidal thoughts
- Withdrawn or anxious behaviours, with or without panic attacks
- Unhappiness and depression
- The use of drugs, alcohol and/or other substances
- Attachment disorders
- Eating disorders
- Post traumatic stress
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Teenage pregnancy
Appointments are up to 50 minutes on a weekly basis.